114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
Active Directory Operations Lead
Active Directory Operations Lead
The Active Directory Operations Lead within the Identity and Access Management organization is responsible for leading the operational support, administration and service delivery of an enterprise level Active Directory environment that includes Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, PKI, LDAP, FIM, LDS and LDAP. Individual must be self-motivated and must be able to work well in a fast paced, geographically dispersed, virtual team environment.
Candidates for this role should have expert level knowledge of Active Directory and other directory platforms and be passionate about delivering a secure, stable and continually improving environment that enables Capital One to meet its objectives. Candidates should welcome the challenge of integrating new technologies into production as well as the opportunity to work on cloud based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Office 365.
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for the 24x7x365 operational support, administration and service delivery of Capital One’s enterprise Active Directory environment including on-premises and cloud environments
- Coordinate efforts including major version upgrades, monitoring and auditing infrastructure, and other engineering initiatives to insure a robust, agile and secure environment
- Lead service delivery initiatives that improve the stability, security and performance of the Active Directory and related platforms
- Partner with IAM engineers to support the design, delivery, and support of new technologies and services into production
- Lead or participate in troubleshooting complex incidents with other infrastructure teams
- Act as liaison between Active Directory team members, incident management representatives, and business leads during incident calls and follow-up actions
- Analyze patterns and incident trends to facilitate root cause analysis and develop continuous improvement action plans
- Act as project lead or participate as team member on certain projects
- Develop, review and approve standard operational procedures and work instructions
- Coordinate incidents, requests and monitoring with 2nd Level Active Directory team
- Develop and socialize Active Directory service performance metrics to all levels of management
- Lead recovery exercises for Active Directory and support large scale application disaster recovery exercises on-premises and in the cloud
- Participate in capacity planning, performance monitoring and maintenance to ensure high availability
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of expert level Active Directory technical experience that includes the operational support, design and implementation of complex and large-scale enterprise level solutions
- At least 2 years of experience managing an Active Directory operations or engineering team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Mathematics
- 3+ years of experience with Windows Server 2008 or 2012 Active Directory
- 2+ years of experience developing complex scripts to develop automated solutions
- 1+ year of experience with cloud environments such as AWS and Azure
- 1+ year of experience supporting LDAP, LDS, FIM and Azure AD Sync
- 1+ year of experience with Agile and ITIL methodologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.