A client of TEKsystems in Nashville is searching for an Active Directory and Exchange Engineer to join their team. Primary Responsibilities Include
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of Messaging Systems. Hosted applications include but are not limited to, Microsoft Exchange servers, Office365, Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2 domain controllers, DNS/WINS servers, Microsoft Outlook, Exchange Active Sync, and other applications as deployed by the Messaging Engineering Team.
- Responsible for providing next level of support for National Operational Support Teams.
- Responsible for monitoring and resolving ServiceDesk incident and problem tickets assigned to Messaging Operations. All incidents should be worked to service level targets and resolutions documented in call detail.
- Monitor performance levels and capacity of supported applications, and assist Messaging Engineering Team in proper capacity planning and management.
- Engage with Enterprise Operations Tools Team to ensure proper monitoring of all supported Messaging Applications.
- Engage in Messaging Engineering activities as required, such as developing build documents, testing configurations and patches, and planning deployments.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology-focused major, certification or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 in an enterprise environment.
- Operational knowledge and experience in messaging technologies, such as Unified Messaging, Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos and DNS.
- 2 years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex problem solving techniques dealing with systems engineering and support.
- Demonstrates an understanding of performance tuning and optimization including the identification of performance related issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate written and verbal to all levels within the organizations as well as communicate directly with customers on new projects and / or issues with production systems.
- Task management skills with focus on meeting multiple deliverables and timelines.
- Teamwork qualities with emphasis on customer service, team building and strength based teams.
- Demonstrated awareness of Information Technology trends, directions and emerging technologies.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.