Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
This position welcomes and accommodates guests and staff in an effective and courteous manner. Directly participates in daily retail operation of water craft rental. Must be able to operate a cash register, keep accurate records, have a strong dedication to customer service, and a positive, friendly attitude. Must be able to perform a variety of physical tasks in a variety of weather conditions including sun, wind, and rain. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable about the area from ecological, geological, historical, and cultural perspective and able to present this information to guests
- Follow daily opening procedures including preparing water craft for rent, bailing rain water out of Rescue and row boats, wiping down tour boat seats, cleaning up around beach area and fire ring
- Prepare Rescue motor boat each morning before renting water craft to guests. Be prepared to participate in rescues during the day if needed, following established procedures
- Greet guests who visit the beach, answering questions about the area and water craft rentals
- Become familiar with and know how to operate all water craft that we rent
- Rent canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, and row boats to guests including personal floatation devices (PFDs) and oars/paddles following established procedures
- Flip canoes and kayaks over, lift/drag them over the boat glides into the water and float them over to the launch ramps. Assist guests entering and exiting boats according to procedures
- Give operational instructions to guests who may never have canoed, kayaked, paddle boarded or used a row boat before, including directions on where to go on the lake. Ensure guest safety at all times and call for assistance if needed according to established procedures
- Monitor guests using rental equipment
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner and diplomatically handle guest situations which may involve talking them out of renting one craft and renting another due to abilities; always being polite and professional
- Monitor tour boat gas, filling tank with gasoline when it gets to about 1/3 tank. Refill 5-gallon gasoline containers according to established procedures
- Assist boat captains as needed with launching and docking tour boat
- Lay in evening beach fire. Notify Activities Manager or Maintenance when additional wood as needed. Chop wood and kindling as needed for guest use according to established procedures
- Sweep floor of tour boat and dock as needed and time permits
- Move boat glides and launch ramps as lake level changes during the summer (sometimes that's every day)
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, and emergencies
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Maintain cash bank to support the guest service needs and follow established cash handling procedures
- Communicate closely with all departments to ensure a seamless guest experience
- Must work a flexible and rotational schedule, including holidays and weekends
- High School Degree or G.E.D. preferred; current student considered.
- Previous boating experience
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm and handle stressful situations
- Must able effectively communicate with others and follow written/oral instructions and procedures.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.