We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Prepares actuarial analysis of rates and rating plans for assigned lines of insurance.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and prepares actuarial analysis of rates and rating plans for assigned lines of insurance; prepares formal recommendations concerning changes in rates and rating plans based on such analyses.
- Prepares correspondence and required exhibits in connection with regulatory filings, including necessary follow-up when such filings are questioned, challenged or otherwise not promptly approved as submitted.
- Assists in the training and development of professional actuarial personnel as assigned.
- Performs special actuarial projects as assigned. Performs calculations for the establishment of IBNR (incurred but not reported) loss reserves for assigned lines of insurance. Performs other functions as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum. Functional ability of seeing, hearing, and speaking is required.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment, with occasional travel by car or airplane.
- Four-year college degree with at least a minor in mathematics, and passed three Casualty Actuarial Society exams.
- Continue educational development in related job field.
Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function. As such, this position may be a higher or lower lever. Salary will be based on selected candidates' experience and skills.
- 1-2 years as an Actuarial Assistant
- Experience with SAS
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.