At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities.
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
This position will be part of a team responsible for the financial reporting and valuation of Life insurance products. In general, this position will be responsible for analyzing the results of DAC and valuation calculations, maintaining the PolySystems valuation tables, and delivering required and ad-hoc reporting to various stakeholders. Job Location
United States : North Carolina : CharlotteAlternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not ApplicableJob Description
- Report results of valuation and/or DAC calculations. Verify and test reserve calculations.
- Perform monthly reserve analysis to verify reserve calculations. Explain reserve variances and interpret financial trends.
- Update PolySystems valuation systems for new product features and funds as well as valuation assumptions including annual valuation interest rate assumptions.
- Modify validation models to assist various ad-hoc analyses.
- Prepare actuarial portions of the financial statements and the federal income tax.
- Answer ad-hoc questions pertaining to the reserves.
- Complete rating agency surveys according to the Financial Reporting Timetable.
- Respond to requests from regulators, auditors, and accountants.
- Pre ASA.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and VBA.
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Self-starter, results-driven, customer-focused and strong team player/builder
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with actuarial concepts including life contingencies a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science or a related discipline.
Americas RegionNumber of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 32541
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.