New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, and is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. At year end 2013 New York Life had a total surplus of $21.141 billion and holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa ; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 6/18/14)
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for nearly 170 years.
*Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, May 20, 2013. See http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2013/faq/ for methodology
We provide our actuarial trainees with a broad background in both the theoretical and practical applications of actuarial science by combining challenging rotating job assignments and significant support towards the completion of the actuarial exams. We also provide significant opportunities to improve business and leadership skills that will enable advancement through the company and prove valuable throughout one's career.
• Develops premiums and benefits for new and enhanced insurance and annuity products.
• Designs new products and product features.
• Projects profitability generated by Company’s products.
• Prepares studies of financial experience.
• Analyzes matching of assets and liabilities including developing optimal investment strategy.
• Quantifies company risk exposure and proposes ways to minimize risk
• Assists in the determination of dividend scales.
• Performs actuarial research and statistical analyses.
• Performs special projects as assigned.