We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes and recommends revisions in rates and rating plans for assigned lines of insurance; performs actuarial analysis and research concerning present and proposed rating plans, proposed or recently enacted legislation and the pricing of new products.
- Supervises assigned personnel. Small team in Corporate Actuarial.
- Analyzes and recommends revisions in rates and rating plans for assigned lines of insurance.
- Performs actuarial analysis and research concerning present and proposed rating plans, proposed or recently enacted legislation affecting the actuarial function, and the pricing of new products.
- Performs actuarial analysis required to support rate filings with regulatory authorities.
- Represents Actuarial Department through participation in inter- departmental meetings, and discussions with other Home Office departments and regional personnel.
- Assists in the training and development of professional actuarial personnel as assigned.
- Performs special actuarial assignments requiring professional expertise.
- Reserves and Financial Analysis Only Performs actuarial analysis of loss and loss adjustment expense reserves; and performs and analyzes the testing of alternative methodologies needed to reflect changes in operational procedures, legislation and current claims cost trends. Performs other functions as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with accounting, enterprise data management, and departments within IT.
- Good organizational skills in order to track and manage duties.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum. Functional ability of seeing, hearing and speaking is required.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment with occasional travel by car or airplane.
Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS). Continue educational development in related job field.
Three years Actuarial experience, including one year as a Sr. Actuarial Analyst.
Special Skill Requirement
The primary and preferred location for this role will be in Los Angeles, CA, we plan on moving to Woodland Hills, CA in Nov 2018 and will accept and accommodate a few days a week in the Woodland Hills offices.
- Preparing data for reserving actuaries.
- Proactively working with IT and other business groups to ensure that projects do not harm data quality.
- Investigating data quality problems, developing short term work-around; and working with other groups including accounting and IT to fix the problems.
- This position will be an opportunity to grow and develop within our Actuarial organization. Movement to other roles and departments will be encouraged after 1-2 years.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.