At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities.
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
The new company will be focused on securing clients’ financial futures by providing the best value, advice based solutions. Building upon the current U.S. Retail culture, the new company will be guided and operated by a common set of values that will focus on accountability, external and customer focus, collaboration and a strong focus and discipline on cost management.
United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable
The Actuarial Assistant – Annuity Life Projections is responsible for the production of liability projections for annuity UL, ULSG and life insurance products. The Actuarial Assistant will participate in of the Actuarial Development Program and will assist in updating, testing and modeling in MoSes USLMS Platform for regulatory and business applications (asset adequacy testing, loss recognition testing, corporate ALM, risk reporting).. The individual will subsequently perform these tasks in the new modeling platform (O-CAM) once implemented.
• Produce cash flow projections for asset adequacy testing, loss recognition testing, corporate ALM, risk reporting, state exams and other applications as required.
• Perform validations of model inputs, inforce data, and assumptions.
• Support audit and model validation requests.
• Provide pertinent model results for Actuarial Opinion and Memorandum. Assist in review and preparation of Actuarial Opinion and Memorandum.
• Support the coding, testing and documentation of assumptions and scenarios in MoSes USLMS model (and O-CAM once created).
• Participate in testing of model updates and conversions as new technology and industry developments evolve.
• Perform ad-hoc modeling requests related to annuity UL and ULSG business.
• Work closely with Valuation, ALM and O-CAM teams to implement model updates.
• Minimum 1 actuarial exams passed. 1-2 years of relevant actuarial experience. Commitment to pursuing actuarial designation as outlined in the Actuarial Development Program.
• Prior exposure to Microsoft Office applications and VBA.
• Computer programming experience in MatLab, C++ or other languages desirable.
• Prior experience with MoSes USLMS or other actuarial modeling software desirable.
• Strong communication and problem solving skills.
• Excellent technical and analytical skills.
• Self-starter, results-driven, customer-focused and strong team player/builder.
• Ability to work with others in a team environment.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and information.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Economics/Finance, Statistics, or related discipline preferred.
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 42661