United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
A candidate has been identified. Role Value Proposition:
The Actuarial Associate - Life Valuation role will be a member of the Brighthouse Financial actuarial team as part of the separation of the U.S. Retail business as discussed above. This is an entry level position within the Actuarial Development Program and offers the opportunity to rotate to other actuarial departments. Key Responsibilities:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual valuation production duties
- Assist in calculation of FAS97 Deferred Acquisition Cost (DAC) and identify key drivers of earnings
- Assist in the production of projections
- Analyze and explain model results and deviations from expectations
- Update and run valuation models and liaise with other business units to obtain various inputs
- Respond to internal and external auditor requests, as well as ad-hoc reporting requests
- Assist in the implementation of industry and company best practices in development of coding and control standards for testing tools developed for the valuation group
- 3+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities in an actuarial role
- ASA designation or near-ASA Commitment to pursuing actuarial designation as outlined in the Actuarial Development Program
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Economics/Finance, Statistics, or related discipline preferred
- Actuarial internship experience preferred
- Prior exposure to MS Office, in particular MS Excel and MS Access
- Experience with life valuation software such as PolySystems, ArcVal, GGY-Axis, etc.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Self-starter, results-driven, customer-focused and strong team player/builder
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and information.
Americas Region Number of Openings
1At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 37243