At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities.
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. The new company would represent, as of September 30, 2015, approximately 20% of the operating earnings of MetLife and 50% of the operating earnings of MetLife's U.S. Retail Segment. The new company would have approximately $240 billion of total assets with its largest operating company, MetLife USA being one of the largest life insurers in the U.S. with GAAP equity of approx. $12 billion as of September 30, 2015, similar in size to Lincoln Financial.
The new company will be focused on securing clients' financial futures by providing the best value, advice based solutions. Building upon the current U.S. Retail culture, the new company will be guided and operated by a common set of values that will focus on accountability, external and customer focus, collaboration and a strong focus and discipline on cost management.
In this position, the Actuarial Associate - Annuities Valuation will be a member of the Brighthouse Financial actuarial team as part of the separation of the U.S. Retail business as discussed above. This position is part of the Actuarial Development Program and offers the opportunity to rotate to other actuarial functions. Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Alternate Job Location
United States : New Jersey : Bridgewater Job Description
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual valuation production duties for GAAP, Stat and Tax, with focus on annuities business.
- Analyze and explain model results and deviations from expectations.
- Update and run valuation models and liaise with other business units to obtain various inputs.
- Respond to internal and external auditor requests, as well as ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Conduct ongoing model validation and maintenance.
- 1-2+ years of experience in an actuarial role.
- 2 or more SOA exams passed.
- Proficiency in MS Office, in particular MS Excel and MS Access.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Self-starter, results-driver, customer-focused and strong team player/builder.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and information.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Economics/Finance, Statistics, or related discipline preferred.
Payout Annuities Valuation Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 10M