About the Position
Guggenheim Insurance Services is seeking an Actuarial Intern to join the Actuarial modeling unit. The Intern will join a highly collaborative team, working closely with other actuaries and analysts to support various actuarial efforts in one or more of the typical Actuarial functional areas, including, financial reporting, valuation, modeling, product development and risk management. In addition to exposure to actuarial modeling software, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to analyze data input/output, work with large sets of data, anticipate questions and identify solutions to data anomalies, and work independently as well as in a team environment.
This role will present opportunities to apply your Actuarial education and further develop your skills toward an Actuarial career. The position is located in Indianapolis, IN.Specific Responsibilities Include
Skills & Experience Required
- Collect and analyze data for assigned project(s).
- Prepare assessments, reports and summaries of findings, and presents results to others.
- May design and run models using actuarial software applications or processes.
- May provide actuarial support for various actuarial functions including financial planning and reporting, cash flow testing, asset/liability models, determining actuarial reserves and/or product development.
- Active college student or recent college graduate status, majoring in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or Economics
- Preference given to students who have passed at least one Actuarial exam (through the Society of Actuaries)
- Appropriate knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within the actuarial field based on depth of training/education
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics and principles of finance and business to calculations for insurance and annuity products
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills; ability to summarize, articulate and present information and findings to others
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in incoming data, research inaccurate data and begin to suggest ideas to resolve problem areas
- Working knowledge of basic office and PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, and Outlook
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have:
About Guggenheim Insurance
- Driven and self-motivated
- Able to communicate results effectively
- Inquisitive and innovative
- Forward-looking, including the ability to anticipate questions and develop responses in advance
- Results oriented
Guggenheim Insurance Services offers a unified set of advisory services to ensure efficiency and long-term success for insurance companies. GIS advises insurance company management teams on topics including asset liability management, best actuarial practices, capital management, cost structure benchmarks, expense management, M&A strategy and execution, product development, product strategy, and transactions and products.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.