About The Position:
Guggenheim Life and Annuity is seeking an experienced actuarial analyst to join the actuarial modeling unit. The analyst will join a highly collaborative team supporting a variety of actuarial functions, including valuation, risk management, product management, corporate planning, transaction pricing and financial reporting. In addition to excellent skills using actuarial modeling software, the ideal candidates will demonstrate an ability to analyze data input/output, anticipate questions and identify solutions to data anomalies, and work independently as well as in a team environment. Requirements include BS degree in Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics or related discipline plus achievement of ASA designation.
This role will present opportunities to apply your Actuarial knowledge and further develop your skills and career goals toward achieving FSA status. The position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Specific Responsibilities Include:
Skills & Experience Required:
- Build, maintain and validate financial models for reinsurance pricing, in-force and new business rate setting, cash flow testing, DAC, reserve valuation, and corporate planning
- Produce and summarize projections to support management and regulatory needs
- Streamline and automate the input data used in projections and valuation and financial reporting processes. Work to streamline and automate the data output into efficiency reporting tools
- Maintain well-controlled MG-ALFA or ArcVal models and updates all assumptions following the assumption governance process
- Collaborate with individuals throughout the organization to optimize financial results, with a particular emphasis on model efficiency and effectiveness along with data integrity in all reports
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- ASA designation; plus demonstrated work towards achieving FSA designation
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience, with data analysis or modeling background
- Well rounded professional experience, including using actuarial financial projection software
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills necessary, as well as competency with other MS Office applications
- Be able to manage and analyze large data sets using tools such as MS Access, SQL Server or SAS preferred
In addition, the ideal candidate must demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
About Guggenheim Life And Annuity Company
- Driven and self-motivated
- Able to communicate results effectively
- Inquisitive and innovative
- Forward-looking, including the ability to anticipate questions and develop responses in advance
- Results oriented
Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company, a subsidiary of Guggenheim Partners, provides financial services to institutional and retail customers through fixed annuity products distributed through networks of independent marketing organizations and agents nationwide.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
A little about us:
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.