Overview of the Position
This position reports into the Product & Pricing Center of Excellence organization within Personal Lines, supporting the P&L for both home and auto lines of business for a portfolio of states. This visible role will build cross functional partnerships at multiple leadership levels with state product management, countrywide product management, actuarial and IT. This position will also be responsible for advancing the pricing knowledge and practices within the COE and act as a pricing Subject Matter Expert on various countrywide projects. Responsibilities:
- Engages in collaborative and open dialogue with other leaders in decision making, prioritization and planning activities.
- Supports team in developing actuarial pricing practices and discipline and mentors team members on leveraging practices and standards.
- Builds strong working relationships both internally and externally, with a strong sense of initiative. Demonstrates strong influencing and negotiation skills in a matrix environment.
- Combines pricing knowledge and practical business acumen to influence state and countrywide pricing strategies.
- Advance the pricing knowledge and practices across the home and auto lines of business.
- Create alternative filing approaches that achieve profit objectives in a highly regulated environment.
- Identify and analyze profit impacts and opportunities, including: emerging trends, drivers of loss performance, claim department initiatives, business segment growth plans, economic impact on costs, etc.
- Provide pricing subject matter expertise on projects, partnering with CW Product, CW Pricing and Data Science.
- Provide consultative recommendations on rate & segmentation that align with state strategies.
- Builds and implements analytical tools for department use on projects and state reviews.
Qualifications: Experience & Skills
- Deliver error-free pricing analysis and product enhancements to customers.
- Advance processes and operating procedures to support actuarial pricing accuracy.
- Leads continuous improvement opportunities and process excellence initiatives. Looks for opportunities to streamline work and reduce cost.
- Strong actuarial pricing expertise (ACAS or FCAS preferred)
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Strong time management and attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to develop staff
- Strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness to internal/external business partners
- Consistently demonstrates inclusive and collaborative behavior
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- 5 years of actuarial pricing experience
- 3-5 years of Product or operations experience
- Project management certification or related project management experience preferred
- Understanding of Personal Lines products
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Degree in Math or similar discipline preferred
- College education required (Bachelors or higher)
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD