At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable. Job Location
United States : New Jersey : Bridgewater Alternate Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Job Description
This position is responsible for supporting Brighthouse Financial variable and fixed annuity pricing and modeling initiatives. This role reports to the Director of Annuity pricing with a focus on modeling, pricing analysis, project management, and documentation. This individual will support the pricing team in helping to set rates for the fixed, variable, or indexed products. The individual will play a major role in work to transition existing models to new software platforms. This individual will also use process improvement and analytical experience to assist in efforts needed to enhance the business, drive sales, or find ways to streamline or automate processes. Finally, the person in this position will establish critical partnerships across Brighthouse departments, including investments, ALM, valuation, in helping to meet pricing standards and develop and monitor profit metrics. Principal Responsibilities
- Perform pricing analysis for key annuity products including variable annuities with living benefit riders, fixed annuities, and structured indexed annuities.
- Perform modeling and programming in different languages and actuarial software packages. Have flexibility and experience in converting models from one programming language and platform to another.
- Understanding key product features and inner-workings of variable, fixed, and indexed annuities. Seeing how different assumptions impact specific results or how key features offered by the product translate into actuarial model formulae.
- Perform sensitivity testing and monitor profitability metrics.
- Provide detailed as well as high level recommendations and proposals to management on process improvements, modeling initiatives, and rate setting decisions.
- Work with a team of key individuals to prioritize and manage project deadlines for modeling platform transformation.
- Working to model more involved actuarial calculations and projections including hedging, reserving, investment performance, and inforce rollforwards.
- Work to develop new profitability metrics that will guide pricing decisions including condition tail expectation and risk-based capital metrics.
- Keep strong documentation on modeling transformation and analytical and process changes.
None. Required Qualifications
- 5+ years actuarial experience and modeling.
- FSA, ASA, or near FSA encouraged.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication and expert project management.
- Strong software skills in the following programs: Excel, VBA, Pathwise, Python.
- Process and continuous improvement experience.
- Tenacious with follow-up, detail orientation and organizational skills.
- A team player with positive attitude.
- Economic market drivers and investment experience.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, or actuarial science.
Brighthouse Retirement and Wealth Solutions Department
Product Actuarial Job Category
Pricing Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 12M