McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The West Sacramento Distribution Center has an opening for an Assistant Distribution Center Manager (ADCM) who will report to the Distribution Center Manager. Position Description
The ADCM will be responsible for motivating and developing a team of up to 5 direct reports and 140 indirect reports to ensure all Standard Operating Procedures are followed and Business Operating System metrics are exceeded on a daily and monthly basis. This person will contribute to development of the distribution center’s strategy and tactics while ensuring compliance with company and regulatory policies and requirements. The ADCM provides direction and leadership to the management team ensuring a high-level of employee engagement and development is maintained
- Cultivate team spirit and promote interdepartmental cooperation by seeking opportunities to improve internal processes across all distribution centers
- Develop a strong team of leaders providing coaching and appropriate development opportunities for direct reports
- Assess existing staff needs and work with managers to identify opportunities
- Ensure high quality employee attraction, engagement and development at all levels
Build bench strength through modeling of ICARE and development of an effective culture
- Effectively manage all people issues including, but not limited to, labor, turnover, diversity, and inclusion
- Complete performance evaluations on direct reports and ensures timely completion of non-exempt performance evaluations.
- Continue focus on process improvements for all warehouse functions
Monitor and analyze costs and help prepare budgets
Maintain the integrity of the engineered standards program
Ensure the distribution center is compliant with McKesson’s Controlled Substance Monitoring Program
- Be responsible for Transportation Management System, including the review and approval of invoices
- Be the SSO (Site Security Officer) for the DC
- Be responsible for Courier contact compliance, relationship, and performance
- Approve vendor invoices
- Provide Semi-Annual update of BCP
- 8+ years operational experience including 5+ years managerial experience
Critical Knowledge & Skills
- Leadership experience in a union environment
- Budgetary responsibility including monitoring and analyzing costs
- Experience dealing with couriers and logistics
- Compliance maintenance
- Demonstrated leadership (coaching, developing, mentoring) skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office products to include Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated process improvement skills
- Six Sigma training or equivalent preferred
- 4-year degree or equivalent
Benefits & Company Statement
- General Office Demands
- The ADCM must be willing and able to work days or nights as business needs dictate.
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.