ATEP (Arconic Titanium and Engineered Products) is a world-class producer of titanium aero ingots and mill products-and a leader in multi-material airframe subassemblies and advanced technologies and materials, such as 3D printing and titanium aluminides. Titanium is the world's fastest-growing aerospace metal, and we're taking it to greater heights with vertically integrated capabilities and deep materials science expertise. Our engineered products and solutions help build the world's most advanced aircraft-and also help protect our troops and power our world.
We are currently looking to fill an Additive Manufacturing R&D Engineer
position focused in the additive manufacturing of metals with a person that is passionate about advancing powder-based additive technologies. This position offers a unique opportunity to support and guide the ATEP (Arconic Titanium & Engineered Products) Additive Manufacturing Operations in Austin, TX, as they continue to advance AM metals-based technology. The right person can help to support and execute upon a vision of a world-class additive manufacturing team. Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Engage with customers to explore and understand needs for 3D printing, manufacturing, and innovation;
- Execute research programs working with project managers, technicians, and engineers across other disciplines in the organization;
- Operation of a variety of 3D printing systems, supporting equipment, and hardware;
- Develop qualitative tools and software to improve, optimize, and increase reliability of existing industrial equipment for additive manufacturing;
- Stay current with industry trends and market information;
- Maintain an understanding of client business challenges; demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge to position and map capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives;
- Actively seek-out various educational and training opportunities to keep current and demonstrate continuous growth.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Metallurgy discipline from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 1 year of experience in additive manufacturing;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position;
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Graduate degree in relevant area of study is preferable;
- 2+ years' experience in additive manufacturing of metals using laser powder bed fusion (L-PBF), electron beam melting (EBM), selective laser sintering (SLS), or direct energy deposition (DED);
- 2+ years' experience with titanium, carbon steel, stainless steel, and nickel based material systems;
- Bachelor's Degree in Material Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Welding Engineering or similar from an accredited institution;
- Experience with the development of technical work scopes for incorporation with proposals;
- Understanding of metallurgy for titanium, carbon steel, stainless steel, and nickel based alloys;
- Strong ability to develop technical work scopes for incorporation with proposals;
- Aptitude with design tools, computer aided modeling, data analysis, and process design;
- Familiarity with data acquisition systems, sensor feedback, and controls;
- Understanding of mechanical testing and the ability to execute mechanical test plans and describe mechanical testing results;
- Exhibits proficient written and verbal communication with customers both internal and external;
- Proven adaptability and flexibility as a part of team;
- Strong ability to plan and organize tasks;
- A demonstrated passion for additive manufacturing.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.