AddThis - Product Manager/Strategy 3-ProdDev
Location: Vienna, Virginia
Posted: December 09, 2016
Reference ID: 16001BG2
Product Delivery Manager - DaaS (Data as a Service)
As a Product Delivery, we are looking for you to effectively translate product strategy into tangible capabilities for our clients and partners. You will help guide and build products at internet scale; products that help classify, identify and deliver real time audience data to the worlds internet advertising marketplaces. You will engage with experienced, cross-disciplinary staff to design, plan, and build systems and workflows.
You are responsible for driving clarity across stakeholders (Product Managers, Engineering Leads, Data Science, and Operations) for all development efforts related to our DaaS products (and associated processes). Key responsibilities of the job include:
• Work across teams to ensure functional specifications are complete
• Groom user stories with development teams for all features based on the requirements provided by product management
• Write clear and detailed user stories for specific technical needs not addressed by product management and map to business requirements
• Responsible for accurate reporting of status on planned/in progress initiatives related to Content Classification
• Oversee medium/large programs/projects that are significantly complex
• Facilitate sprint planning sessions in (conjunction with the dev lead) with teams to slot stories into development iterations
• Assess alternatives to resolve roadblocks and formulate plans for resolution
• Initiate, manage, and implement cross-team efforts with major implications to the business
• Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires and in-depth evaluation
• Determine new methods and procedures for solving complex issues
• Ensure that user acceptance criteria is defined for all facets of a feature or capability
• Identify issues that will keep the product from delivering on time and/or with the desired requirements, and communicate to leadership
• ID downstream product impact
Provide Business impact to development
• Facilitate the quarterly planning process; this includes prioritization and force ranking of product features/projects across product lines and leading implementation planning meetings
• Collaborate with implementation teams to scope the work effort associated with each feature
• Coordinate with engineering and data science teams to finalize the implementation plans (scope, dependencies, and timelines)
• Take responsibility for ensuring committed work is completed on time and with quality
Other skills and qualifications
Deep domain knowledge : Have a deep understanding of the technologies we use, why and how we use them.
Accountable : Ensure that what was promised is delivered on time. Proactively remove blocks that impede progress, and have strong bias toward taking action to facilitate completion of tasks.
Detail oriented : From specific and clear specs, to understanding all of the trade-offs and dependencies associated with every implementation decision, while maintaining concise unnecessarily verbose communications.
High standards : Build amazingly high quality products, with great attention to the scalability.
Fierce reducer : Reduce to the bare essence of what needs to be built to satisfy the customer need, as overly complicated solutions add complexity, and are difficult to maintain.
Trust builder : Maintain alignment of product, engineering, analytics, and ops. Be open-minded and a good listener; have strong convictions but also know when to bend. Additionally be willing to admit/take ownership of mistakes.
Technology/Process : Experience with Agile Software development principles and familiarity with associated planning tools such as Rally, JIRA, Phabricator or similar packages; Programming background or experience in mining/analyzing data (via SQL, Excel, etc.) a plus.
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.