Overview: Manages company-wide benefit programs including retirement plans (qualified and non-qualified), medical, life/AD&D, disability, (STD, LTD) benefits for field employees. Develops/maintains Company SPDs, insurance contracts and related documents, analyzes regulatory changes and performs discrimination testing. Maintains financial control documents and performs cost analyses. Oversees/maintains benefits communications including new hire benefit enrollment packages, brochures, newsletters, articles and Intranet information. Works under general direction.
Responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manages company-wide benefit programs (Retirement Plans, Medical, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long-Term and Short-Term disability Programs and Pension).
- Monitor and produces benefit cost report and weekly claims paid report.
- Ensures the timely payment of insurance premiums, and the submission of required reports or rate-related information.
- Designs/develops spreadsheets to monitor the cost of health claims, life insurance premiums, disability premiums and other relevant fees and claims.
- Acts as company liaison with insurance carriers on benefit issues and plan interpretation as directed. Monitor and periodically audits claim activity to ensure efficient administration. Works with insurance carriers and employees to troubleshoot and resolve complex benefits issues.
- Provides guidance to the field on benefits issues, procedures and policy/plan interpretation.
- Manages Benefits Staff.
- Develops and continually maintains Company SPD's, insurance contracts, performance guarantees and legal plan documents.
- Analyzes regulatory changes and assists with annual 5500 filings and summary annual report development.
- Manages and oversees company retirement programs and plans. Ensures plans are administered to be fully compliant with plan specifications, federal rules and laws and Company guidelines.
- Reviews match calculations to ensure accuracy and adherence to plan specifications.
- Ensures contribution wires are processed in a timely fashion.
- Works closely with internal departments (i.e., Finance, IT, Operations), external vendors and advisors, and Company management to ensure efficient and effective operation of retirement plans and benefit programs.
- Prepares and delivers communication pieces to all levels of plan participants for both retirement and benefits programs.
Participates/leads special projects and performs other related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE & OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
ADECCO RETAINS THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MODIFY JOB DUTIES AT ANY TIME. THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT ALL ENCOMPASSING. NEEDS AND REQUIREMENTS MAY VARY BETWEEN LOCATIONS AND ACCORDING TO BUSINESS NECESSITY. COMPANY OVERVIEW:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or the equivalent
- Minimum of five years benefits administration/analysis/design experience at a large corporation, insurance carrier, and/or a benefits consulting firm generally required.
- Broad knowledge of benefits regulations and financial management required.
- W orking knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems and ability to interact with all levels of management required.
- Excellent spreadsheet software skills and oral/written communication skills also required.
Adecco Group North America through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands, including Accounting Principals, Adecco Staffing, Ajilon, Beeline, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services team. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled