Overview: Grow your career with Adecco Group North America, the world's leading provider of recruiting and career services.
Under general supervision, the Client Service Specialist
is responsible for the protection and recovery of organizations assets by ensuring the accurate and timely Billing, posting and processing of customer invoices receipts, minimizes losses through billing for US and Canada, and collection of delinquent Corporate accounts.
- Handles billing tasks such as clearing weekly billing kick outs, backend changes, decon/ recon and sales tax adjustment process.
- Handles the implementation and weekly/monthly billing for specialized billing (EDI, Electronic, Credit Card and XML) customers.
- Researches accounts, identifies client with high DSO and collection issues, contacts clients to discuss account status and resolves outstanding balances / account discrepancies.
- Determines outstanding balances on accounts, arranges payment schedules and follows up with clients to ensure proper collections.
- Updates notes in ACM.
- Establishes and builds strong customer relationships to ensure reduction of aging and takes proactive prevention of debt write-offs.
- Identifies and forwards aged accounts to collection agency in accordance with Adecco policies and procedures as necessary.
- Works closely with credit services, customer service, sales, internal and external customers on all aspects of billing and collection operations.
- Receives and responds to calls from individuals regarding payment questions; Consults with manager on more complex payment issues.
- Maintains detailed records of contact and agreements with individuals or their representatives.
- Maintains historical reference and records data.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree in accounting, finance or related field or equivalent work experience; required.
- Minimum of one year in billing and collections or a related field preferred.
- Must be computer proficient with demonstrated knowledge of Windows, MS Word and Excel (V-lookup, Pivot table). Must be able to learn new software programs with ease.
- Oracle system experience preferred.
- Must have strong reconciliation and research skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Customer service orientation as position requires extensive customer interaction. Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly both in writing and verbally.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must have good organizational, interpersonal and motivational skills and be able to work as part of a team as well as a self-starter.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule when needed.
Adecco Group North America through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands, including Accounting Principals, Adecco Staffing, Ajilon, Beeline, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled ADECCO RETAINS THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MODIFY JOB DUTIES AT ANY TIME. THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT ALL ENCOMPASSING. NEEDS AND REQUIREMENTS MAY VARY BETWEEN LOCATIONS AND ACCORDING TO BUSINESS NECESSITY.