Overview: Grow your career with Adecco Group North America, the world's leading provider of recruiting and career services.
The Director of Strategic Delivery
is responsible for the client satisfaction, growth, compliance, and profitability of multiple large, high-volume on-site accounts within a region or division. Director implements best practice on-site strategies and business processes to increase productivity, improve quality, ensure compliance, and achieve optimum fulfillment.
Responsibilities: GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops sustainable, proactive recruiting programs for assigned on-site clients, and works with team to ensure proper execution of the programs.
- Continuously looks for opportunities to increase efficiency and maximize revenue and profitability.
- Ensures compliance to all business terms in the client contract(s), as well as compliance to employment laws and other regulatory practices.
- Identifies and applies approaches to overcome service capability gaps and to resolve problems.
- Provides consultation and develops strategies for budget planning and pricing.
- Implements associate recognition programs to drive employee engagement, retention and satisfaction.
- Manages and develops on-site colleagues.
- Monitors client and associate satisfaction survey results, and develops and implements action plans to increase satisfaction.
- Works collaboratively with other leaders to ensure roll out of any changes in policy, process or launch of new tools is implemented within assigned on-sites.
- Supports preparation and delivery of Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR).
- May be responsible for contract amendments, pricing changes, renewals and updating all associated documentation to support such changes.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field plus five (5) years of management experience in a service industry working with complex business problems is required. Staffing services, on-site client services, employee relations and/or HR compliance experience is preferred.
- Frequent travel may be required.
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply the principles and practices to strategically align tasks and people with organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to strategically plan and serve as a catalyst for organizational change, cultivate a shared vision with others, and motivate others to transfer vision into action.
- Ability to mentor, coach, train and/or supervise employees.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws.
- Ability to evaluate information, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, experience and common sense.
- Ability to develop, improve and/or streamline processes to meet established goals and objectives.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Adecco Group North America through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands, including Accounting Principals, Adecco Staffing, Ajilon, Beeline, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.