Overview: Explore a career with Adecco Group, the nation's leading provider for temporary, temp-to-hire and contingency search/permanent placement services.
The Adecco Group General Account Manager job
manages/oversees general accounting functions to ensure the accuracy/maintenance of the ledger accounts and resultant financial statements. Provides senior management with key financial operating information for decision making purposes. Ensures adherence to applicable laws/regulations/ requirements/policy. Works under general supervision.
- Required to complete complex tasks including understanding of relevant accounting literature in coordination with other Company organizations on a variety of financial issues
- Acting as liaison between accounting and all corporate departments to ensure creation of policies and procedures for proper transaction processing.
- Acting as liaison between accounting and field management to help with process and issue resolution.
- Acting as liaison between Corporate and other financial reporting divisions'/subsidiaries'/Accounting Managers to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
- Responsible for review and process efficiency for Bank Account Reconciliations.
- Responsible for overview and implementation of controls for Fixed Asset subledger.
- Ensuring the accuracy and reasonableness of journal entries and analyses prepared by accounting staff.
- Reviewing all non-recurring general ledger journal entries, researches complex problem entries and delegates research of routine entries to staff. Resolves problems, corrects discrepancies and provides additional information as needed.
- Reviewing all current account analyses prepared by the department to determine their effectiveness and purpose.
- Responsible for training, recruiting and evaluation of accounting staff.
- Assisting in coordinating with independent auditors, including managing the dissemination of information.
- Performing all other duties inherent in a management role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and CPA or the equivalent plus a minimum of seven years auditing and financial processing and analysis experience, including three years in a supervisory role generally required.
- Strong knowledge of general ledger entry/closing/control, financial statement preparation/analysis, PC based applications, and general knowledge of automated accounting systems, audit/control methods and FASB pronouncements required.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management and staff also required.
Adecco Group North America through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands, including Accounting Principals, Adecco Staffing, Ajilon, Beeline, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled