Overview: Explore a career with Adecco Group, the nation's leading provider for temporary, temp-to-hire and contingency search/permanent placement services.
The Adecco Group Senior Accountant
performs a variety of complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger. Assists management in identifying issues and implementing new accounting department procedures. Performs most P&L research during closings and prepares journal entries in conjunction with the close. Reconciles various G/L accounts. Provides advice and training to less experienced accountants. Works under general supervision.
Responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare routine and non-routine entries to G/L accounts.
- Analyzes account activity detailing more complex asset, liability, and capital accounts.
- Coordinates processing of significant non-routine transactions into the G/L.
- Reconciles and prepares accounting schedules on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Performs P&L research pursuant to Branch or other departmental inquiries.
- Prepares and reviews financial performance with management and assists with operational analyses.
- Coordinates with other departments in conjunction with supervisor for information and analyses required for proper accounting adjustments.
- Coordinates accounting matters by collaborating with other departments, locations, and divisions on non-routine problems.
- Identifies financial accounting risks and assist with developing and implementing mitigation strategies.
- Acts as team lead in absence of manager.
- Directly and/or indirectly coaches and trains employees, including fostering an environment that promotes personal and professional development.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field plus a minimum of five (5) years of experience in corporate accounting/ finance is required. Minimum of nine (9) years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. CPA is highly desirable. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Skilled in communicating effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures, as well as the ability to prepare and monitor budget information.
- Ability to gather, assemble, consolidate and analyze facts, draw conclusions and devise solutions.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of accounting systems and practices.
- Ability to identify and/or document existing and new processes as well as evaluate their effectiveness, develop improvements and/or recommend changes or alternatives.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Adecco Group North America through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands, including Accounting Principals, Adecco Staffing, Ajilon, Beeline, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.