Overview: Grow your career with Adecco Group North America, the world's leading provider of recruiting and career services.
The Senior Vice President - Business Unit Controller
serves as the key financial and strategic partner to the business unit (BU) executive leadership. Responsible for developing, maintaining, and communicating executive-level reporting, analyses, and forecasting; collaborating with BU executive leadership on the development of strategic financial and budgeting plans; and designing and overseeing implementation of strategic improvement initiatives for a $2.3 billion company.
Responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains monthly, quarterly, and/or annual financial reporting and forecasting to effectively monitor and manage productivity, accuracy and adherence to policies and procedures; aligns Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with organizational goals; and provides updates to BU executive leadership.
- Collaborates with BU executive leadership as well as other business teams to drive strategies that increase productivity and improve overall financial results.
- Provides ad hoc financial analysis to BU executive leadership and suggests, aligns, and implements improvement measures.
- Oversees and drives the implementation and execution of activities related to the monthly, quarterly and/or annual financial review; annual budgeting; pricing models/ methodologies; and annual forecasting processes.
- Develops and tracks strategic business and financial plans designed to meet or exceed BU targets.
- Continually assesses the effectiveness of strategies and best practices for budgeting and forecasting; develops and implements tools designed to improve budgeting and forecasting process; and monitors and/or enforces adherence to approved budgets and forecasts to ensure cost control.
- Remains current on regulatory requirements, organizational compliance policies, economic and business conditions, operating trends by BU division, as well as industry and market trends; researches, analyzes, and forecasts business impact and/or risk; and ensures timely updates to BU executive leadership.
- Leads and participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in accounting plus a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in corporate accounting/ budgeting required. Minimum of five (5) years in management required. Willingness and ability to travel required. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation highly preferred. Prior experience with staffing agencies highly preferred. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Skilled in communicating effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others at various levels within the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of and the ability to apply concepts, principles, and practices of accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures, as well as the ability to prepare and monitor budget information.
- Ability to gather, assemble, consolidate and analyze facts, draw conclusions and devise solutions.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of accounting systems and practices.
- Ability to identify and/or document existing and new processes as well as evaluate their effectiveness, develop improvements and/or recommend changes or alternatives.
- Ability to proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to effectively influence others at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to act accordingly under strong pressure, along with the ability to effectively manage crisis situations.
- Ability to evaluate information, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, experience and common sense.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team oriented environment.
- Ability to establish strategic financial and budgeting plans.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply sound leadership practices, including developing employees by inspiring, encouraging and providing constructive criticism to improve performance.
- Knowledge of training methodologies and the ability to develop and deliver technical/operational training to various levels of employees.
- Advanced knowledge of and the ability to apply best practices and standards in finance and accounting.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Adecco Group North America through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands, including Accounting Principals, Adecco Staffing, Ajilon, Beeline, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled