Overview: The Vice President of Procurement is responsible for providing strategic leadership by managing the NA Procurement, Real Estate and Facilities organization over all facets of procurement and facilities related activities. This role acts as a counterpart for all Adecco Group North America business units as well as towards the other regions and global leadership. This role is accountable for target setting in alignment with the Global Procurement & Real Estate Goals and drives Procurement value contribution to Adecco while ensuring compliances with policies, strategies, processes and budgets. This role is responsible to ensure that the sourcing strategies are successfully implemented, including best practice, alignment with key stakeholders and achieving the right internal customer satisfaction selection and performance of our key supply partner relationships and facilities management for all branches across North America.
Responsibilities: GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with business leads and operational peers to understand business and team objectives and align procurement activities and priorities in alignment with those objectives.
- Develops and implements procurement short and long range strategies, standards and processes in alignment with global Procurement & Real Estate, targeting to reduce costs and demand, improve quality and service while meeting company goals and objectives.
- Work with regional category managers and global procurement to develop category strategies
- Identify and develop key supplier relationships and support category managers in driving high value performance through a rigorous supplier selection and performance management process.
- Demonstrating a commitment to customer service, working as part of the management team to implement Procurement leadership decision in regions and act transparently and as a business partner towards other Adecco functions
- Align actively with other business units and within Procurement, being accountable for defined Service Level Agreements
- Monitoring and reporting trends in global supply dynamics.
- Communicating achievements in cost savings, strategic initiatives and other key performance indicators to senior leadership and other appropriate stakeholders.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Drive efficiency improvement for procurement processes and organization in line with global Procurement, developing and overseeing Procurement's budget, analyzing cost effectiveness and directing cost control activities
- Position/Escalate region specific procurement requirements on a global level including changes of local legislations and policies
Qualifications: EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or the equivalent plus a minimum of seven years with commercial real estate or property management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiations and influencing skills at a senior level including presentation to Board or Directors.
- Broad knowledge of vendor/material sources and negotiation/sourcing techniques.
- Strong financial acumen, strategic management and planning skills required.
- Effective oral/written communications and negotiating skills also required.
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously, managing oneself and other resources
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment.
- Ability to operate effectively and efficiently given broadly defined objectives, setting performance goals and holding individuals and teams accountable.
- Ability to effectively influence others at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to adapt to changing business environments and manage change successfully, solve problems and take advantage of opportunities to complete deals.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize best practices in corporate real estate development and management across the United States.
- Advanced knowledge about leading practice in procurement and real estate, including corporate guidelines, laws, rules and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook beneficial.
- Ability to think creatively, developing the right strategies, analyzing problems and taking decisions to improve returns to the company and improve quality of work product
- Strong intercultural skills and experience in working in multi-national companies beneficial
- Skilled in Procurement & Real Estate Controlling and KPIs
Adecco Group North America through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands, including Accounting Principals, Adecco Staffing, Ajilon, Beeline, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.