Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Emissions Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for an ADI Calibration & Diag - Sr. Engineer. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation. Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Applies basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices to assigned tasks in one of the following areas: combustion/performance/emissions, cool/lube/fuel systems, air handling, system integration, after treatment integration, cycle simulation, vehicle system simulation, combustion system simulation, flow simulation, filtration, or after treatment simulation.
- Uses prescribed and innovative methods, and works with limited guidance.
- Participates as a team member and actively contributes towards team goals.
- Carries out partially defined and moderately complex tasks.
- Demonstrates good understanding and applies knowledge of an engineering discipline.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Applies engineering and/or scientific skills and continues to develop experience in creating engineering solutions.
Minimal relevant work experience desired, such as internship, co-op, or other pertinent work experience.
Primary responsibilities include the use technical engineering methods to develop and ensure robust and competitive performance on current and advanced Ammonia Delivery System (ADS) used on all Cummins Products Globally, this includes:
- Technical ownership and tuning of On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) and performance integration of DEF Dosers/ Lines/ Tanks across multiple globally used product lines (On-Hwy & Off Hwy).
- Provide improvements to engineering methods.
- Interface with Customers/OEMs to investigate product issues.
- Analyze and correlate data, recognizing discrepancies in the results. Use data to derive solutions or conclusion to discrepancies.
- Design review performance status vs. profile with key customers.
- Document results in technical reports
- Troubleshoot performance problems independently and review with team leaders.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Use test tools and improve existing test tools.
Master of Science, Bachelor of Science, or equivalent technical degree required. Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cum m ins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.