At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world's most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the best interconnected shopping experience to our consumers. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
Performs full administrative and general office duties in support of a Director and/or department.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Schedules and coordinates appointments and makes arrangements for meetings, conferences and travel to ensure effective management of supervisor' s/department' s calendar.
- Screens telephone calls and resolves or refers them as appropriate.
- Prepares routine letters, memorandums, agendas, presentations, forms, etc.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining official documents and records in appropriate files to ensure organization of materials.
- Performs clerical duties such as typing, note taking, and managing daily mail to make certain that order is maintained within the office or department and documents are accurate.
- Maintains Director' s email and voicemail correspondence to maintain adequate and timely communication.
- May require some light accounting/budget review.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Provides primary support to a specific supervisor and/or department.
No direct reports.
Typically has frequent contacts outside the workgroup.
Typically assignments follow existing routines or instructions.
Typically considers among a few options and past practice when solving problems
Typically, guidance is always available and prior permission is required before changing work methods.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must meet reasonable deadlines, quotas or demands for accuracy and/or may be involved in some mildly difficult situations.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Associate degree is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
PC skills, knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access), Lotus Notes and the Internet.
Strong written/verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills. Skills in operating office equipment (e.g., fax, copier, phone, etc.)
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!