About Del Sol Medical Center:
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position manages the operations of the Cardiovascular Programs to include: CV Recovery, Cardiovascular Services, and Electrophysiology Lab within Del Sol Medical Center. Ensures the integration of all elements into a product line that supports the healthcare system efficiently and effectively.
1. Manages the cardiovascular operations to ensure that they are operating efficiently and effectively providing the services required to meet the needs of the system and medical staff
2. Integrate the various operations into a system which provides an appropriate continuum of care, both clinically and geographically
3. Provide direct oversight of the product line in the capacity of Administrative Director.
4. Maintains appropriate patient and employee safety standards.
5. Responsible for the implementation of quality initiatives related to patient safety and performance improvement within the cardiovascular service line, including but not limited to, Society for Thoracic Surgeons database, Society for Chest Pain Center accreditation, American College of Cardiology PCI database and American Heart Association's Get-With-the-Guidelines.
6. Conducts strategic planning and policy setting activities for cardiac rehabilitation and post-acute product line and other areas of impact within the system.
7. Actively engages in physician relations activities to ensure support of the healthcare system and to ascertain and address needs and opportunities including but not limited to Cardiovascular Surgery Morbidity and Mortality Conference and the Cardiovascular Surgeons Conference.
8. Marketing and product development for all aspects of the cardiovascular programs.
9. Supervises and participates in the annual review process, goal setting and helping employees reach their goals.
10. Ensures financial accountability systems are in place and that all operating guidelines are followed.
11. Responsible for the implementation of quality initiatives related to patient care and safe practices including but not limited to the AMI core measure.
12. Handles payroll, controls overtime, and provides weekly staffing reports.
13. Ensures that Radiation Safety is maintained.
14. Ensures sterile techniques are maintained.
15. All other duties as assigned.
1. Individual Leadership: Demonstrates confidence in own skills, knowledge and ability and opportunities for personal growth and ability to accept and adapt change.
2. Customer Service: Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
3. Transcultural Sensitivity: Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
4. Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety: Demonstrates patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
5. Educator: Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates opportunities for patient/family education.
6. Infection Control: Demonstrates infection control practices congruent with policies and procedures.
7. Performance Improvement: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities at the department level.
8. Financial Accountability: Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and department efficiency.
9. Information Management: Demonstrates adherence to information management policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
10. Communication: Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration of appropriate communication skills and reporting/activation of the chain of command appropriately.
11. Practices Professionalism: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance.
12. Ethics/Compliance: Performs all duties ethically, complying with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws.
13. Environment of care: Demonstrates accountability in role and responsibilities of the 7 Environment of Care plans.
14. Job Specific: Administrative Director Cardiovascular Services
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Nursing degree required - may be Associates, Bachelor's or Master's)
MSN or MBA preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
RN licensed in the State of Texas or compact state required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Management experience in clinical cardiovascular setting required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of all aspects of the Cardiovascular Department, including invasive and non-invasive procedures.
Good communication skills, ability to plan, organize, and supervise assigned personnel.
Must have the ability to evaluate, listen, and render judgement with fairness and objectivity.
Must be able to coordinate several assignments at one time.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom