Eaton in Kearney, Nebraska has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant to support plant operations reporting directly to the Plant Manager.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Executes administrative tasks to support the Plant Manager in an accurate and timely manner including, but not limited to supporting manager with Outlook calendar, e-mail, mail, filters phone calls and visitors.
- Gathers, types and distributes correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, presentations and keeps data updated.
- Coordinates and sets up conference calls among local plant and regional facilities when required. Initiates meetings, serves and hostesses Eaton and non-Eaton visitors when required.
- Organizes and arranges travel for all employees. This includes operating the Eaton based system with responsibility for finding the most cost-efficient routes. Schedules cars and hotels with the guidelines set forth by corporate. Negotiate rates with local hotels. Assists employees to obtain passports, birth certificates and Visa’s for international travel.
- Schedules, attends and takes minutes for staff, employee round table & supervisor round table meetings on all shifts. Develops employee rotation schedule for round table meetings, publishes answers to questions from the meetings.
- Works with local IT to maintain an updated internal phone listing, as well as consult on removing, adding, changing phone locations.
- Trained as an administrator for the plant’s security system. This includes entering data on the CRT for all changes/deletions/additions of employees and temporary employees for the plant. Level of access to each door, etc. Generate reports upon request.
- Assists employees on the expense report through the Concur System. Documents and then mails expense reports to FSC. Trains new employees. Monitors AMEX accounts to ensure all cardholders remain in good standing. Manage BTA account.
- Assists with hiring by scheduling phone screens, interviews and travel.
- Creates, submits and tracks interview reimbursements.
- Monitors and maintains company vehicles, including licensing, insurance cards, maintenance and trip scheduling. Assists with the purchase/selling of company vehicles with WHQ.
- Coordinates and approves charitable donations (less than $500.00). Assists the Contribution Committee with decisions making larger contributions. Takes minutes and generates a monthly report.
- Maintains several conference rooms insuring each is kept orderly and well stocked.
- Solicits or assigns Eatonian articles to employees or teams; organizes and publishes the Eatonian newsletter 2 times per week.
- Manages the Perfect Attendance and Service Award certificates, gifts and recognition meetings with employees, supervisors and staff.
- Coordinates additional employee recognition including: retirement gifts at specified location, cakes, updating employee monitor with anniversary dates, creating and sending birthday cards.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 2 years working experience in an administrative role
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation benefit is not provided for this position. Only candidates that reside within 50 mile of Kearney, NE will be considered.
- The position requires good anticipation skills of future actions required to ensure timely completion of deadlines. Continuous monitoring of deadlines is also a must.
- Requires excellent organizational skills to accommodate the ever-changing schedule of meetings and appointments.
- Ability to meet assigned goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality with a high level of professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of employees throughout the organization in a courteous, tactful and professional nature.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Able to be proactive and flexible, understanding that things can change at any given moment.
- Technical skills include advanced level expertise in Word and PowerPoint, as well as proficient use of intranet and internet skills. This position also requires an intermediate level knowledge of Excel.
- Experience supporting a multiple managers is strongly preferred
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.