About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
This position will report to directly to Global Engineering Sr. Director located in Peapack. The successful candidate will provide comprehensive support and deliver a full range of administrative functions for the GTS-Global Engineering team.
• Manage calendars, proactively anticipate conflicts and uses diplomacy to resolve problems in advance
• Manage high volume of emails including expediting flow of work items, initiate follow-up when necessary, and prioritizing emails.
• Schedule and coordinate all team meetings, 1:1 with direct reports; department meetings, and other meetings as needed for Global Engineering team members
• Responsible for all logistics of meetings including conference room reservations, teleconference, videoconference, food ordering and associated meeting logistics
• Proactively and independently organize and expedite workflow and initiate follow-up when necessary to ensure schedules and deadlines are met
• Facilitate team meetings, create agendas, schedule appointments, take and issue meeting minutes when appropriate or as requested
• Proactively prepare meeting materials in advance
• Use appropriate discretion in the management of information and stakeholders
• Manage all travel required for the Global Engineering team. This often includes complex international travel, visa preparation, ground, and hotel. Some management of meeting logistics internationally will be required, working with the company colleagues in other countries.
• Initiate inter-departmental projects as appropriate
• Provide phone screening coverage; arrange for visitor passes and building access
• Open, review, and route mail, replying to routine correspondence
• Prepare expense reports, track reimbursements and ensure correct AMEX credits/debits; manage purchase orders through Ariba system and tracking invoices
• Set-up and maintain project and general correspondence files
• Prepare and edit reports and presentations using Microsoft Office software; organize and maintain electronic and hard copy files
• Coordinate and provide key information to other business units as appropriateMaintain Sharepoint sites as needed.
• Seek ways to improve efficiencies and lower T&E costs.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma and at least 3-5 years of experience that demonstrates the ability to carry out technical and administrative functions described herein; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Technical Skills Requirements:
• Demonstrated strong self-starter, independent, pro-active, and self-motivated
• Previous experience that demonstrates ability to carry out administrative functions proficiently and to complete quality work on a timely basis
• Demonstrate resourcefulness with proven ability to anticipate needs, prioritize responsibilities and take initiative
• Effectively multi-task and manage multiple priorities with tight timelines
• Comfortable working independently to make decisions that simplify operations/scheduling
• Ability to work well both in team environment as well as operate independently with minimal supervision
• Possess excellent communication skills with an ability to respond with professionalism in verbal and written communications with all levels of the organization
• Use good judgment while working with highly sensitive, confidential material and information
• Must have the ability and professional demeanor to interface with senior management, international colleagues and important external stakeholders and must be able to exhibit good judgment in handling confidential information
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent typing and proofreading skills
• Tech savvy and excellent proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint T&E online systems and Outlook are essential
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.