About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking a proactive Administrative Assistant to join its Institutional Distribution organization. This person will help support a team in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate must exercise excellent judgment, have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, demonstrate strong customer service and professionalism while owning the work that is provided.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in PowerPoint presentations and a good eye for formatting as they will work on RFPs. No job will be seen as too big nor too small and they have to be someone willing to offer assistance when they have additional time. A professional demeanor is required as they will interact with senior level executives, external clients, and vendors. This candidate must be able to work as a team and have the confidence and motivation to complete work independently with little supervision.
Specific Responsibilities Include
• Prepare and finalize PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets as directed
• Answer telephones and communicate appropriate information to callers who contact a member of the team who may be unavailable or out of the office
• Coordinate scheduling of meetings/conference calls and arrange location/call details
• Manage domestic travel arrangement, including transportation, reserving accommodations, preparing detailed itineraries, and coordinating materials
• Complete and submit expense reports accurately and in a timely fashion
• Handle FedEx mailings and faxes as requested
• Create copies, scanning and maintenance of electronic files
• Order, track, and confirm receipt of messenger services and other mailings
• Complete project work as needed
• Print documents as requested
• Assist with technology as needed
• Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner
Skills & Experience Required
• Bachelor's degree
• 2-5 years of related administrative experience supporting 3+ managers/executives
• Must have above average Microsoft Office and PowerPoint for presentations and reports
• Document formatting experience is expected
• Experience within financial services required
• Organized, detail oriented and extremely thorough while having confidence, poise and communication skills necessary to ensure work processes are accurately and appropriately completed
• Ability to effectively and maturely communicate and collaborate with diverse personalities in all levels of management, as well as outside vendors and clients
• Ability to demonstrate discretion in handling confidential data and dealing with high-level executives
• Experience managing calendars in different time zones
• Strict attention to detail while able to prioritize appropriately
• Learning agile, able to adapt quickly and appropriately in accordance with the constant evolution of the company and industry
• Maintain accountability and accept responsibility
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
A little about us:
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.