Praxair Distribution, Inc., a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Allentown, PA.
Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing various administrative and clerical duties in support of Branch Operations. Administrative Assistant
- Completes shipment reporting process for all tickets received each day. Reviews and reconciles the open order file as required; at least monthly. Home Branch Only.
- Responsible for determining and processing credits, debits, write off's, and cylinder balance adjustments. Regional Support
- Assists in maintaining Compliance files including contractor liability forms, training records, FDA, and others as determined by the business. Home Branch Only.
- Responsible for controlling receivables (90-120). Reviews the Accounts Receivable report and the aged trail balance. Determines problem areas and works with Credit department to collect past due amounts.
- Enter orders as required. Home Branch Only
- Maintenance of Customer Database as required. Regional Support
- May be required to perform secretarial duties which may include:
- Typing correspondence, filing, mail distribution, processing USPS/UPS shipments
- Answering and directing incoming calls and taking proper messages
- Maintain office, cleaning, and coffee supplies
- Receive visitors according to company policy
- Generates purchase orders/vouchers as required for items such as office supplies, maintenance work, phones bills, etc. and ensures accurate completion of all purchase orders and related paperwork.
- Sets tone for employees by good example through observation of the company's Loss Prevention policies and procedures. Reports accidents including near misses, unsafe acts or conditions and obeys safety rules.
- Processes all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Daily utilization of computer system.
- High school / GED required
- 2-3 years of office administrative experience.
- Strong office and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in use of proper English grammar and business communication.
- Ability to become proficient in required computer system.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Typing skills required
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.