Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Intermediate level position under general supervision, provides a wide variety of administrative and staff support services to an organizational unit. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Coordinates data from a variety of sources for inclusion in technical reports and presentations; performs independent research and prepares information for special projects as assigned.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors; schedules appointments and meetings; resolves routine problems, and refers other matters to appropriate staff members.
- Prepares and updates recurring and routine internal reports, collects and verifies data, refers problems to manager for resolution.
- Maintains and updates department files, records, and publications; maintains confidential files and materials.
- Schedules meetings and appointments; notifies attendees, and makes necessary arrangements.
- Arranges domestic and international travel.
- Assists in the preparation and control of records, statistics, and reports regarding operations, personnel changes, etc.
- Administers programs, projects, and/or processes specific to the operating unit served.
- May serve as administrative liaison with others within and outside the company regarding administrative issues related to purchasing, personnel, facilities and operations.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
Experience: 3 years of relevant work experience required, 5 years preferred.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Proficient with Microsoft Office and knowledge of general office equipment. V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.