The Dow Chemical Company
has an exciting job opportunity as an Administrative Assistant
in Pittsburg, CA
. The job purpose is to provide administrative and office professional support to one or more departments or production units for The Dow Chemical Company, Agriculture Division.Job duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Lead and/or assist in event planning for employee and visitor events, celebrations, and special functions.
- Acquire knowledge of office procedures and equipment to ensure that administrative tasks are completed.
- Maintain the plant or department's documentation systems and prepare reports.
- Plan and schedule meetings using scheduling software.
- Perform general administrative tasks including mail, records and file maintenance, travel coordination, payroll entry, procurement of office supplies.
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of the ODMS across a business/function.
- Provides input to leaders for Document Management and Record Management, and DMS Administrators within the business/function.
- Leverages activity and supports the framework of ODMS and DMS.
- Assists in development of business/function ODMS implementation plans.
- Provides support and advice as needed to the Business/Function ODMS Coordinator and the Business/Function ODMS Leader.
- Ensures effective links between Document Management and Record Management and their respective Dept/Plant Element Focal Points.
- Participates in monitoring and compiling summary data on ODMS
- Participates in Self Assessments/Audits of department libraries (physical/electronic)
- Ensures business ODMS systems are in conformance to Dow Record Retention policies
- Participates in reporting ODMS implementation status / results to the Business/Function ODMS Leader.Serve as member of administrative team.
- Acquire knowledge of Dow internal computer systems.
- Serve as the department focal point for first line assistance with computer system problem resolution.
- Work independently to produce quality results.
- Overcome obstacles in order to complete projects. Work under minimum supervision.
- Effectively and efficiently address needs as required.
- Be an organized, self-starter who exhibits good judgment and flexibility to meet business demands.
- Be able to communicate and relate well at all levels internal and external to the company.
- Seek opportunities to develop personal abilities and improve individual performance
- Demonstrate flexibility by providing back-up support to co-workers in order to maintain the proper service
**The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.**Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- 2 or more years previous successful experience in an office professional/administration role is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
- A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments with frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Must be willing and able to climb stairs/ladders and working high off the ground.
- Must be willing and able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have a current, valid US driver's license.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Proficient in SAP and Business Objects.
- Experience with event planning.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Associate's degree in relevant field/4+ years military experience preferred.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process. Dow Offers: Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
A little about us:
Join the Dow team in creating innovative solutions for human progress. A career with us is an invitation to explore, create and make valuable contributions to human progress. We’re a global team of problem-solvers, impacting everything from safe bridges, to fresh food.