What you will do
We are gladly accepting applications from qualified individuals living in the New York City Housing Authority.
Administrative Assistant How you will do it
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing
- Create and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails using Microsoft Office
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Perform data entry and scan documents
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls as needed or anticipated
- Record minutes at various meetings and archives them accordingly
- Help prepare weekly reports and other departmental projects as needed
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments
- Answer phones promptly and uses good judgment to prioritize the distribution of messages in a timely manner
- Answer calls from customers regarding their inquiries
- Prepare meeting materials and assists with the development of PowerPoint presentations
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment if needed
- Maintain Outlook calendar(s) in current and accurate status.
- Assist in resolving any administrative problems
What we look for
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal with our customers and internal departments
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy
- Good research skills and attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2+ years of hands on administrative support experience Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must Knowledge of operating standard office equipment Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com .
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.