Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Administrative Assistant at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Global Gases Technology Director, this position is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative to the Adsorption / Cryogenic R&D Teams. The incumbent must possess a strong work ethic and be able to deal with variety of tasks. Creativity, discretion, demonstrated good judgment, and the ability to deal with individuals at all levels internal and external to the organization are qualities necessary to excel in this role.NATURE AND SCOPE
Responsible for the day-to-day administrative activities as the sole office support person within the R&D building.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide general administrative support to the Adsorption / Cryogenic R&D Teams.
- Assist in the preparation of training sessions (especially for on-boarding new employees for the lab), safety meetings social events and other meetings - make copies, locate and prepare materials, coordinate/arrange meeting facilities, etc. Follow up after meetings to complete associated data entry and filing.
- Participate in regional committees in an administrative support role (i.e. Environmental, Health & Safety Training, Employee Recognition, etc.)
- Pick up, receive and distribute incoming/ outgoing mail and couriers
- Travel arrangements (both domestic and international)
- Responsible for operation of office equipment including fax machines, printers, scanners, projectors, etc.
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Maintain filing of EH&S, and other regulated documents and participate in related audits.
- Maintain files and correspondence
- Work with IT support personnel to coordinate phone, computer and related activities.
- Participate in quality audits and environmental, health and safety audits as needed.
- Post-secondary business/Administration certificate or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of experience required in an office environment, as well as administrative work
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of interacting with a diverse level of people with various backgrounds and interests.
- Capability of managing day to day office administrative activities, including managing multiple calendars
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Solid skills in MS-Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in SAP is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in time-sensitive situations
- Flexible and adaptable to changing needs
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Confident, personable, professional, and diplomatic
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The company's core Industrial Gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The company's Performance Materials Division serves the polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries. The company had fiscal 2016 sales of $9.5 billion and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 17,000 employees in 50 countries strive to make Air Products the world's safest and best performing Industrial Gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #19824BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.