At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Display Materials and Systems division, to be located in Maplewood, MN.
The Display Materials and Systems Division is a fast paced and energetic group with a team that is committed to winning in the display and electronics marketplace. The division is looking for an administrative professional to join our team. This position will support a 12 person business team by applying highly developed secretarial, administrative, and coordination skills. The ideal candidate would be a team player with strong organization, communication skills and the ability to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously. This position will also have the opportunity to take on special projects and work closely with the business teams to improve efficiency of existing processes.
Scheduling and arranging travel for team Scheduling and arranging meetings and conferences Coordinating executive top to top meetings with key customers Entering marketing communication invoices for payment into 3M System Ordering and managing supplies for the team Organizing documents and presentations in One Drive Some data entry into spreadsheet/document or 3M System Shipping samples, literature and other collateral Special projectsBasic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum three (3) years combined experience in an administrative assistant function, secretarial and/or clerical role
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or completion of administrative certifications such as the Certified Professional Secretary (CPS)
- 5+ years of combined administrative assistant, secretarial and/or clerical experience
- Advanced skills in MS Office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience using Lotus Notes email, calendar, and databases
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to complete assignments under pressure and short timelines
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible work hours depending on current priorities
- Excellent judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills
Soft Skills: We are looking for a quick learner that has high energy and is eager to join our team. It will be important that this individual is able to quickly prioritize and knows when to ask for assistance. Being a good communicator and having strong active listening skills will also be crucial. Taking initiative and being able to work independently will also be a key succes factor.
Core Hours: 40 hours per week, 8:30am to 5pm
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.