Performs a wide variety of administrative and accounting duties. Coordinates with account managers, accounting staff, and vendors/customers to obtain information related to company purchase orders, inventory receipts, and invoice matching. Greets visitors, answers main telephone line and directs them to appropriate persons. Participates in special tasks as assigned by account management and staff.
Work is typically performed under general supervision. Receives some guidance from manager/supervisor about the work when assistance is requested or when assigned new tasks. Able to exercise moderate level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks and prioritizing work. Work is typically completed by following established policies and procedures.
- Operate in accounting software to record, store and correct accounting/operations data.
- Communicates with vendors to receive and review invoice statements for the purpose of retrieving missing copies of packing lists and invoices in order to stay current on payment terms.
- Coordinate with account managers and buyers to resolve purchase order and inventory receipt issues regularly with the intent to resolve all issue by month end.
- Timely three-way matching with purchase orders, packing lists and invoices within a specified period of time not to exceed one week.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes regularly and identify incorrect entries so that they can be corrected within a few days of entry.
- Assist accounting in the invoicing of clients in order to meet accounting closing schedules posted.
- Participate in month-end close process in order to meet deadlines set by the corporate office.
- Assist the accounting department with special projects.
- Control traffic flow into and out of the building effectively, safely and subjectively in order to maintain a safe and secure environment to work according to guidelines set forth at time of hire and adjusted as per needed to meet clients expectations.
- Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs and anticipate callers’ needs and facilitate them.
- Receive, record, and deposit checks daily.
- Timely and accurately enter purchases into appropriate systems in order to facilitate rebates and purchase discounts as needed.
- Answer main telephone and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals while maintaining friendly and positive interactions between clients and employees.
- Receive, review, sort and distribute mail on a daily basis.
- Maintain and manage office inventory needs such as bathroom, kitchen and office supplies including office machines in order to meet budgets set forth.
- Manage the administrative needs of the President, Plant Manager and Controller whenever necessary.