Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
TIAA seeks an Administrative Assistant to join our team. Primary responsibilities are to support the business unit of Individual Advisory Services operational day to day duties. All tasks, responsibilities and assignments must be completed with the highest level of quality following regulatory procedures (FINRA).
Candidates will be working closely with both internal and external clients, so teamwork is a must. The ideal candidate should have an exceptional level of customer service and problem solving skills, the ability to manage change and excellent communication skills.
- Greeting clients and manage reception area
- As the voice of TIAA, answer phones and route calls; provide general information to clients; refer questions and issues to appropriate staff or department for further information and problem resolution.
- Schedule and communicate in-office and on-campus appointments for client meetings as well as follow-up calls and confirmations
- Maintain on-campus visit calendars and coordinate on-campus seminars
- As an Associated Person, process clients forms and checks; process mail and incoming correspondence; maintain various files, logs and tracking systems in accordance with FINRA regulations
- Create internal/external correspondence using Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) as well as create correspondence and/or log activities in client management system (Siebel)
- Compile client data and research
- May communicate with institutional administrators and act as liaison with consultants
- Make routine travel arrangements and complete expense reports
- Order and maintain office supplies and marketing materials
- Schedule and set-up internal meetings/conference calls/catering as required
- May act as liaison for office facilities and maintenance issues
- May act as liaison for vendors and ensure payment of office-related invoices
- Assist teammates; cover other duties during vacations
- High school diploma or GED required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required
- Previous experience working in financial services is preferred
- Able to multi-task and produce in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Organized, detail oriented and follows-through tasks
- Ability to interpret financial data and terminology a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017