Under direct supervision, performs clerical work in support of Data Processing operations. Work involves basic importing, basic processing, and then exporting data for mailing and variable data printing activities. Generates and releases production packets with appropriate supporting documents and files. Reviews mail piece layouts to ensure conformance with USPS regulations.
- Generate ancillary paperwork for mailing production processes (bag tags, tray tags, and pallet placards) from BCC Mail Manager.
- Generate reports for internal and external customer approvals.
- Summarize data record counts for various production processes to facilitate billing activities.
- Setup and adjust USPS delivery appointments for drop shipments.
- Upload, confirm and maintain mail.dat files on USPS PostalOne system.
- Act as a liaison to on-site USPS postal clerk as necessary.
- Maintain postage records to ensure that accounting has advanced notice of funding needs.
- Adhere to data and mail preparation production standards by following department job aids and utilizing internal quality procedures.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of USPS regulations and contacts in order to support both internal and external inquiries.
- Assist with customer and plant facing order entry and tracking to support incoming customer calls or email inquiries.
- Assist in general office administration by performing clerical duties including, but not limited to typing memos, labels, and other documents; entering and changes data stored in databases or spreadsheets, copying and filing documents, and receiving and directing incoming and/or outgoing mail.
- Maintain office supply inventory for data processing and mail production departments as directed; replenishes inventory as needed based on defined replenishment processes and rule sets.
- Prepare written communications such as letters, memos, e-mail, etc.
- Handle incoming calls, take messages and promote effective interoffice communication.
- Filing, photocopying, mail distribution.
- Operate various office equipment.
- Promote the concept of working together as a team to build continual improvement with the Company and departments.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.