Pay Rate/Salary: $35000-40000 / Year
Secretary in Estimating Department for Construction Company
Available immediately. Temp to Hire for a well established construction company. Position requires a High School diploma/GED and a minimum of 5 years Administrative Assistant experience in the construction industry. Duties including:
- Answer telephone, providing appropriate information to callers, routing calls to proper staff, and taking complete and accurate messages.
- Purchase orders, submittals, RFI's, transmittals, letters, job folder creation and filing as needed
- Inventory, order, distribute and put away required office supplies
- Preparation of any worker's compensation, auto, liability, and other claims
- Preparation of annual OSHA 300 Injury Logs
- Preparation of bid forms and other bid documentation
- Preparation of Subcontracts
- Preparation of cost proposals to General Contractor or Owner
- Receive, sort, open, date and distribute incoming mail
- Prepare and send required outgoing mail
- Preparation and distribution of required office memos
- Create and process contract pay applications, AIA document experience helpful
- Manage flow of change proposals, and change orders.
- Preparation of bid Pre-Qualification packets
- Prepare correspondence as needed or requested.
- Assists Construction Projects Manager with contract process.
- Downloading and Printing of Large Format Plans
- Prepares project closeout documents, such as O&M's, with assistance of Project Manager
- Follow up with subcontractors for receipt of documentation such as subcontracts, insurance certificates, certified payrolls, lien waivers, etc.
- Coordinates with Accounting Department on owner billings and project related accounting issues
- Input project information into company construction software
- Runs errands as required
- Manage office cleaning services
- Preparation of certified payrolls as required
- Ordering of bid documents and returning of refundable bid documents
- Submission of federal and state background checks for personnel clearances as required
- Maintain and update weekly project bid schedule
Benefits upon hire including medical, vacation and holiday pay.
Interested candidates please submit resume showing relevant experience
RequirementsMust have 5-10 years of Administrative Assistant position in the Construction Industry.
Strong Microsoft Office skills including advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher and PowerPoint
A little about us:
Staffmark’s mission is simple—to help you achieve your goals. We want to be your job search partner.