Business Support Specialist What you will do
- Assists Area Business Support Manager in developing, implementing and executing the business support standardized processes that align with company policies and government compliance.
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls as needed or anticipated.
- Create and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails using Microsoft Office
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Perform data entry and scan documents
- Record minutes at various meetings and archives them accordingly.
- Help prepare weekly reports and other departmental projects as needed
- Prepare meeting materials and assists with the development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment if needed.
- Maintain Outlook calendar(s) in current and accurate status.
- Generate weekly/monthly activity compliance reports and distribute to teams/managers/district offices
- Point of contact for district location responsible for employee file maintenance, E-Verify completion, and other small local tasks.
- Processing of general office licensing requirements.
- Perform day-to-day office support tasks, including; file management, answering the phone, ordering supplies/uniforms, processing incoming/outgoing mail, etc.
- Perform other duties as directed.
How you will do it
What we look for
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal with our customers and internal departments
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy
- Good research skills and attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills
- Need a strong desire to challenge processes and find best solutions
- Must be a great and positive motivator
- External and internal Customer satisfaction is a must
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to prioritize work volumes with limited supervision
Who we are
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and organized
- Previous experience in accounts payable a plus.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint are a must
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com .
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.