Under moderate supervision of the designated manager or supervisor performs the administrative functions for one or more departments. Responsibilities include activities such as generating and distributing reports maintaining business information drafting correspondence and acting as the department contact to internal and external customers. Work hours: Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 7:00pm
- Performs general administrative tasks such as handling the mail typing filing and answering phones.
- Establishes and maintains office files makes appointments and arranges meeting rooms as required.
- Compiles information from various sources and utilizes the information for uses such as generating reports.
- Audits and maintains various reports specific to his/her department by checking for errors inconsistencies or discrepancies; makes corrections and notifies appropriate personnel of any modifications.
- Ensures that department schedules and calendars are kept updated.
- Updates and maintains pertinent business information via computer or department files.
- Assists with a variety of scheduled and unscheduled projects occurring in the department at any given time.
- Drafts and types correspondence and/or presentations to be sent to internal and external contacts.
- May process personnel/payroll information for assigned pay group or associates in the department.
- Interacts frequently with inter-departmental associates and management for the purpose of resolving workload issues.
- May provide backup support for other administrative associates in the department such as handling multi-line phone system greeting visitors and other receptionist-related duties.
- Handles incoming and outgoing phones for the department and responds to questions and/or requests in a professional manner.
- Assists and supports department managers in preparing for meetings.
- Maintains and promotes positive and professional working relationships with associates and management.
- Complies with all appropriate policies procedures safety rules and regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two-year Associate's Degree Program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires two (2) to four (4) years directly related experience. Works hours: Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 7:00pm
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Ability to represent a positive and professional image
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word Excel Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices