In this position, you will be responsible for a high level of administrative support within the Tax group. This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic group of motivated professionals at various levels from Partner to Associate and an excellent opportunity to showcase your strong technical and customer service skills.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
5-7 years relevant high level administrative assistant experience
Previous experience in a tax environment a plus, but not required
Advanced Microsoft Office 2013 skills, essential
Strong Excel skills with use of formulas
Excellent oral and written communication skills (spelling, grammar, sentence structure and punctuation)
Effective organization and time management skills, follow procedures, improve efficiency
Ability to coordinate projects, manage multiple tasks and shift priorities as necessary to meet deadlines
Flexible demeanor, pro-active thinker, positive attitude, maintains confidentiality
Ability to proofread for accuracy and finalize documents professionally, strong attention to detail
Ability to take direction, ask appropriate questions and complete tasks independently, and work as a team
Ability to handle stress while operating with a sense of urgency and using good judgment
- Provides advanced administrative support to Tax professionals as well as filing, archiving, correspondence, faxing, scanning, preparing and distributing documents, and photocopying
- Process corporate and individual tax returns, extensions, estimates as backup to the Tax Processing Department
- Process tax organizers and edit, format and finalize arrangement letters to be sent to clients.
- Process, edit, format and finalize response letters to IRS and state Department of Revenue taxpayer notices
- Calendar management, travel/event planning, meeting/conference arrangements (food, hotel, air)
- Prepare and finalize proposals and documents with a strong working knowledge of formatting, merge documents, styles, section breaks, headers/footers, tables of contents and more in Word; Create, update, and print handouts in Power Point; Create spreadsheets from scratch with ease including formulas, manipulate data comfortably with accuracy in Excel. Edit PDF documents, including electronic signatures, typewriter and edit functions within PDF, custom electronic stamps, and virtual company letterhead.
- Assist partners to associates with putting in IT Service Tickets for computer software/hardware, copier and printer issues. Work with IT personnel on follow-up and resolution of IT Service Tickets. .
- Maintain client information in multiple computer applications, organizational systems: electronic and paper
- Serve as a back-up to other administrative assistants as well as the Front Desk
- Serves as a resource or “go to” for staff questions regarding office policies and procedures
- Participate in team meetings and activities
- Other duties as assigned
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, three weeks paid time off for these positions, matching 401(k), flexible hours and a challenging, professional work environment.
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.