Performs diverse and advanced secretarial, clerical and administrative duties for Managing Directors for RR Donnelley in the financial services sector. Responsible for supporting executives and administrative staff in general office duties and defers all significant decision making to management. Assignments generally involve work of a confidential nature and require knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, company products, policies and programs. Position calls for initiative, independence, and compliance.
Work assignments are typically both a mix of routine and non-routine work that often requires deviation from accepted practice and procedures to complete given wide variety of circumstances encountered in the job. Work is reviewed primarily for end results and is performed under general guidelines or procedures which include administrative directives in the form of rules, policies, and established precedents pertinent to the assignment. Ability to establish own priorities.
- Assemble and analyze information, prepares reports, manuals, agendas, correspondence and memoranda.
- Produce graphics and PowerPoint slides used by Executive Management for presentations to BOD, Industry and business groups and for internal communication.
- Answer mail and inquiries on behalf of the Executive using own initiative, follow up with other departments to ensure that requests are carried out.
- Arrange and makes notifications of appointments and travel reservations/arrangements.
- Answer telephone calls, tactfully handles inquiries and/or transfers calls to appropriate party.
- Check and processes expense reports.
- May take dictation and transcribe notes for letters, memos or reports during meetings.
- Prepare materials in final form from very rough and involved drafts which may utilize frequent use of technical terminology and which combine materials from several sources.
- Operate general office equipment such as computer, typewriter, copier, calculator, fax, or other similar machines.
- Maintain paper and electronic files in compliance with current policies.
- Interfaces with other Assistants to share and/or coordinate workload.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Sets team goals
- Delegates tasks and set deadlines
- Assists with Admin coverage, and assigns coverage for Admin services as needed.
- Monitors team performance and reports this on METRICS; escalates performance issues to Managers for action and resolution
- Provides additional reports and works on presentations for QBRs
- Discover training needs and provides coaching
- Oversees day-to-day operations, listens to team members’ feedback, and assists with resolving work-related issues; escalates to Manager as needed for guidance or resolution
- Suggests and organizes team building activities
- Encourages team members and creates an environment with an open communication culture
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.