Administrative Assistant to Director, Cisco Investments & Corporate Development
What You'll Do
In this role, you will provide support for calendaring, travel, expenses, along with management and oversight of special projects, as needed. To perform these tasks effectively, you will be expected to become familiar with the products, people, and organizational dynamics within Cisco's Corporate Development and CSO (Chief Strategy Officers) Organizations. You will be expected to understand how to handle, with a great degree of confidentiality & independence, incoming asks for time, meetings, resources and other needs from the Director. In addition to supporting this Director, you will also provide support to other Directors on the team. You will be responsible for determining when to refer matters to others, and to whom they should be referred. You will be responsible for following up to ensure proper disposition, and make sure nothing falls through the cracks. You will become a core member of the Director's team.
• Calendar Management: Manages Director's calendar by prioritizing schedules and meetings to meet business needs while optimizing for efficient use of time. For example, deciding who gets on principal's calendar as well as constructing of daily agendas in other Cisco office locations (SF).
• Meeting Planning and Organizations: Assists Director in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, meeting technology (WebEx, TP) based on participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post-meeting action item lists.
• Correspondence/Approvals: Supports Director by acting as a proxy for communications and approvals as authorized. Answers general questions as necessary and refers (filters) routine matters to appropriate parties and follows up to ensure proper disposition.
• Travel: Responsible for making travel arrangements for the principal. Carefully considers and decides the optimum travel arrangements and itinerary for calendared meetings while managing Cisco expenses.
• Confidentiality: Candidate will deal professionally with sensitive and confidential matters and materials.
In addition to the general administrative duties of an Administrative Assistant, daily tasks are carried out at a higher level of complexity. Due to the frequent engagement of the Director across Cisco as a whole, this individual will interface with and coordinate activities with other EA's and executives in Cisco. Work is generally of a critical and confidential nature.
Who You'll Work With
Corporate Development, Acquisitions, and Investments is actively seeking an intelligent, energetic Executive Business Partner with a can-do attitude to support a Director of Corporate Development and Investments. Professionalism, excellent communication skills are a must as you will be the point of contact with clients and management worldwide. You will work closely with the dynamic Corp Dev leadership team to meet deadlines on investments and acquisitions. The Executive Assistant position offers exposure to our executive team, trailblazers in the investment and acquisition market and thought leaders in the tech space. This position is key to driving Cisco's transformation as you enable seamless operations.
Who You Are
You have experience providing support at the Director level. You take initiative, can handle a full desk with ease and thrive in a busy environment.
• 6+ years' experience in an administrative environment. A minimum of two years of experience supporting a principal who was at the Director level and above.
• Must be able to work in San Jose office.
• Great attention to detail and the maturity to handle confidential information is a must.
• Advanced knowledge of Mac/Windows desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Collaborative style, with excellent teamwork.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of Executive/Senior staff and clients.
• Works in an organized and disciplined manner. Very detail-oriented. Proactive by nature.
• Past work experience in the high-tech industry is desired; prior Cisco experience preferred.
• Track record of outstanding performance
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.