Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Position Description Primary Function :
Operate independently to provide a wide range of administrative support to executive by efficiently executing office procedures and processes to meet business objectivesPrincipal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone calls, take and deliver accurate messages. Respond to requests by gathering and providing information, referring non-routine calls to appropriate staff.
- Anticipate problems and ask probing questions in order to respond effectively.
- Locate and gather highly confidential and sensitive information from the appropriate source to assist in resolving business issues.
- Pursue information that may not be readily available.
- Compose, modify, and proofread correspondence, reports or presentations from general instruction or based on special knowledge of the area and Company.
- Schedule meetings, conference rooms and make travel arrangements as necessary. Oversee calendar and schedule appointments on behalf of executive. Anticipate and prepare materials needed by executive for meetings and telephone calls.
- Open, sort, prioritize, and distribute all department mail and process outgoing mail. Frequently take action where appropriate.
- Establish office procedures for managing administrative details.
- Take and distribute meeting minutes.
- Train and assist other Administrative Assistants as needed.
- Track departmental expenses and resolve/reconcile discrepancies on general ledger budget accounts.
- High School diploma or equivalent, some college level course work and five to seven years of secretarial experience.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of business operations, organizations and relationships involved at top management levels.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of department and appropriate Company policies, procedures and operations.
- Ability to type 50 WPM and proficiently use Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Learn
- and use other software as needed.
- Convey essential information clearly and concisely, both in writing and verbally.
- Use active listening skills while sharing information.
- Understand audience and ensures content and method of communication is relevant.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects and priorities yet be responsive to changes in those priorities.
- Demonstrate effective analytical skills to handle complex administrative details and to determine best approach/action to use in non-routine situations.
- Work Environment:
- Deal with highly confidential and sensitive matters requiring discretion. Decisions directly impact the efficient operation of the company and the credibility of the executive.
- Materials prepared may be used as a basis for management decisions, and errors could have significant costs. Act during absence of executive to ensure continuing functioning of operations
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.