Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186-private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading-edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the region's only Kidney Transplant Center.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions. Position Summary:
Medical Center to include Emergency Department, Free Standing Emgerency Department, and Transport. To advise hospital management regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes and human resource applications. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the organization needed to improve quality of patient care. To collaborate and coordinate the efforts of leaders within the organization to accomplish the mission of Las Palmas Medical Center. POPULATION SERVED:
All employees, staff of LPMC in both clinical and non-clinical departments, including patient/families, physicians, volunteers, agency, contract, students and the community served. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS Current licensure in the state of Texas, if applicable REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls programs in the Las Palmas Emergency Department, Free Standing Emgerency Department, and Transport service lines.
- Formulates sound fiscal operations including the timely and accurate compilation, analysis, development and publication of an annual budget and the monitoring of implementation.
- Administer analyze and appraise Quality Improvement and facilitate interdepartmental Performance Improvement process throughout the services supervised.
- Control and authorize processes related to Human Resources; inclusive of position control, job descriptions, and professional practice, recruitment and retention and performance evaluations.
- Develop, interpret, inspect and review policies and procedures within the department specific areas.
- Cooperates with the Medical Staff and other hospital personnel to ensure that high quality services are being rendered to patients with the outpatient areas.
- Facilitate department committee meetings to include: develop the agenda and gather reports in a timely manner.
- Develops and motivates Department Directors and other key personnel to optimize their talents and meet the overall needs and goals of the organization.
- Collaborates, develops and participates in marketing of the services, including educational program development, external advertising and working in alliance with local and regional programs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of goals/business plan established for the organization and the
- Develop and excute on an outreach plan that involves volume growth for Emergency and Transport Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Individual Leadership: Demonstrates confidence in own skills, knowledge and ability and opportunities for personal growth and ability to accept and adapt change.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Transcultural Sensitivity: Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
- Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety: Demonstrates patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
- Educator: Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates opportunities for patient/family education.
- Infection Control: Demonstrates infection control practices congruent with policies and procedures.
- Performance Improvement: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities at the department level.
- Financial Accountability: Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and department efficiency.
- Information Management: Demonstrates adherence to information management polices and procedures, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Communication: Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration of appropriate communication skills and reporting/activation of the chain of command appropriately.
- Practices Professionalism: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance.
- Ethics/Compliance: Performs all duties ethically, complying with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws.
- Environment of care: Demonstrates accountability in role and responsibilities of the 7 Environment of Care plans.
- Job Specific:
Minimum of Bachelor's Degree, required.
Some management experience in a related field required. PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Master's degree in business, nursing, or healthcare admin, preferred.
Five (5) years experience in healthcare department management preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom