To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the Pre-OP, OR, Sterile Processing (SP) and PACU departments. To advise hospital management regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes and human resource applications. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the Pre-OP, OR, and PACU departments to improve quality of patient care. To collaborate and coordinate the efforts of staff within the Surgical Services department to accomplish the mission of Del Sol Medical Center. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Formulates sound fiscal operations including the timely and accurate compilation, analysis, development and publication of an annual budget and the monitoring of implementation.
- Administer analyze and appraise Quality Improvement and facilitate interdepartmental Performance Improvement process throughout the Medical Center
- Control and authorize processes related to Human Resources; inclusive of position control, job descriptions, professional practice, staff training and education especially as relates to patient safety, recruitment and retention and performance evaluations.
- Direct and approve the practice of professional nursing and support positions within the Pre-Op, OR, SP, and PACU product and service line to maintain quality patient care through implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
- Responsible for implementation of leapfrog initiatives related to patient care and safe practice within the Pre-Op, OR, SP, and PACU department's areas.
- Develop, interpret, inspect and review policies and procedures within the Nursing Division, Administrative Division and Unit Specific areas.
- Cooperates with the Medical Staff and other hospital personnel to ensure that high quality services are being rendered to patients with the Medical Center.
- Develops and motivates Department Directors and other key personnel to optimize their talents and meet the overall needs and goals of the organization.
- Supervise and evaluate employees within Pre-Op, OR, SP, and PACU departments.
- Collaborates, develops and participates in marketing, educational programs development, external advertising, and working in alliance with locally and regionally programs of Surgical Services including Trauma Services.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of goals established for the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
#LI-KN1 Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
- Integrity: Behaves ethically and honestly; supports workplace diversity; communicates openly in all directions; balances work/life issues; fosters trust in relationships; allocates resources effectively.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation; build bridges of cooperation; actively contributes to group efforts; supports team decisions; puts aside self interest; works with diversity. Works as a team member through interaction, assistance, and demonstration.
- Customer and Quality Focus: Knows customers and adds value; actively listens; treat customers like business partners; monitors quality and customer satisfaction; adheres to high standards; manages customer expectation. Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers. Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
- Job knowledge: Exhibits a health care savvy; gets things done; aligns decisions with values; solves problems demonstrates professional/technical knowledge; anticipates challenges and takes risk.
- Hospital/Departmental Policies and Procedures: Knowledgeable of all policies and procedures that affect the outcomes and safety of patient care, and employee rights and responsibilities.
- Development: advocates a learning environment; empowers others; provides frequent candid feedback; coaches and supports others; fosters an innovative environment.
- Leadership: sets a living example; develops and communicates a shared vision; demonstrates credibility; acts with strategic focus; makes effective decisions; delegates appropriately; selects the right people; thinks beyond today's practice.
- Financial Management: Exhibits knowledge of financial systems; stays with budgetary guidelines; cost saving innovations.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing or equivalent required. Masters in related field preferred LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state required. BCLS certification required. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
2-3 Years Management experience required. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
Knowledge of body substance isolation.
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patients, families, internal and external partners, managerial and employee needs.
Ability to work long hours and irregular hours with many interruptions.
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom