This position performs a variety of advanced administrative functions. Schedules appointments and gives information to callers. Composes memos, transcribes notes and researches and creates presentations. Generates reports. Handles and may be solely responsible for multiple projects. May assist with compiling and developing the annual budget. May also be responsible for coordinating, directing and supervising the administrative support staff in the day-to-day operations at a location(s). May have responsibilities for administrative support within a function, floor, or office. This is a working supervisor position.
- Provides advanced administrative support to a department or group of professionals, including but not limited to filing, archiving, correspondence, calendar management, faxing, preparing and distributing documents, and photocopying. Routinely handles confidential correspondence, personnel and financial reports, and other information.
- Provides effective leadership to employees and/or teams through: interviewing, orienting, and training; communicating performance expectations & providing feedback on performance, recognition, coaching, and employee counseling reports and/or discipline including recommending termination to leadership; creating career growth opportunities and employee development plans.
- Supervises administrative support staff and schedules workload, ensuring that adequate coverage is available. Helps evaluate support staff performance, and provides coverage for administrative shortages.
- Serves as a resource for staff who have questions regarding administrative policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to prepare presentations including charges, graphics and tables, speaker notes and handouts, etc.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written with diverse audiences
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the technology tools required with assigned responsibilities
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to train, mentor and provide guidance and feedback to other team members
- 5+ years’ experience in a related field or area
- Ability to lead and direct a group of employees in areas such as assigning, monitoring, reviewing progress and accuracy of work, directing efforts and providing guidance on more complex issues
- Previous project or team management experience
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.