Job Location: United States : Alpharetta : Georgia
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, claims analysts and project managers with the freedom to create innovative and solutions to address core business challenges with MetLife. This role will provide relationship and account management services to key clients and National Accounts.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc investment contract reporting.
- Prepares and reviews financial statements and reports for regulatory reporting of financial accounting activities.
- Prepares financial reports by downloading information from single or multiple sources, compiles databases and formulates spreadsheets.
- Prepares supporting documentation for internal and external audits.
- Meets with internal and external auditors.
- Performs account reconciliation, resolves ledger suspense and contract reconciliation issues.
- Calculates, reviews and reconciles contract specific expenses and earnings.
- Inputs various forms of payments and receipts into systems and ensures payment is processed and properly recorded based upon assigned line of business, account, product area, and/or payment authorization amount.
- Researches and resolves issues within complex reconciliations, billing, collection or payment methodology.
- Reconciles deductions and payments to ledger activity.
- Assists in developing business requirements, documenting procedures & processes, and testing as a subject matter expert on cross functional IT/business teams that develop financial systems or financial accounting transactions and controls within administrative systems.
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting is preferred
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of accounting and reporting experience.
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts, principles and practices.
- Ability to present and communicate financial data concisely and clearly.
- Project management skills including leading projects, delegating and working effectively through others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities while balancing efficiency and accuracy.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
Operations : Support
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 55762
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.